The Citi Secured MasterCard is issued by the Citi Bank for the customers who have less than perfect credit. It is one of the best secured credit cards in the market that come without an annual fee. Only a few secured credit cards are available which let you rebuild credit in such an inexpensive manner. Nevertheless of the fact that you are looking to rebuild credit are seeking a credit card simply for usage the Citi Secured MasterCard is handy.
Despite being so generous the credit card might have some drawbacks which makes it worth a second thought. You can get the approval even if you have a limited credit history and requires a low refundable security deposit. Read the guide below to find a guide of the Citi Secured MasterCard Application.
Benefits of the Citi Secured MasterCard
- The Citi Secured MasterCard requires a low minimum deposit of $200 which is totally refundable when you surrender the card.
- The no annual fee makes the credit card worth obtaining. You can get the credit card without any question. It does not charge any amount for usage.
- If you pay the credit card bills on time you will be allowed to increase your credit limit and hence repair credit.
- The credit card can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
- You can qualify for the credit card easily as there is no credit check required.
- The $0 annual fee makes the credit card an attractive one. You do not have to pay any amount for usage.
- The credit card does not have rewards associated with it. Hence, if anyone is willing to get a rewards credit card they can consider checking other credit cards in this range.
- High APR rate of the Citi Secured MasterCard makes it something one would unlike.
Citi Secured MasterCard Rate and Fee
- The Citi Secured MasterCard has a regular rate of 24.74%.
- The APR rate of the credit card is 24.74%.
- APR for balance transfers amount to 24.7% within 60 days from the day of account opening.
- You can avoid paying interests on purchases if your due date is 23 days after the close of each billing cycle.
- Annual fee is $0.
- The cash advance rate is $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance.
- Late payment fee is up to $39.
Requirements for Application
- In order to get the credit card you need to be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Have a valid Social Security Number or ITIN.
How to Apply for Citi Secured MasterCard
- In order to obtain the Citi Secured MasterCard you need to go to the website of the Citi Bank. www.citi.com/credit-cards
- Now click on the ‘Credit Cards’ tab and select ‘Secured Credit Cards’ from the menu that appears.
- Once the website opens there will be a section tagged ‘Citi Secured MasterCard’. Click on the ‘Learn more & Apply’ button which is at the right.
- Enter the following details on the application form:
- First name
- Middle name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Select whether you are a U.S. citizen
Address and Contact Information
- Home address
- Zip code
- Primary phone number
- Work phone number
- Security word
- Total annual income
- Monthly mortgage/rent payment
- Now enter the security deposit amount, add an authorized user and read the Citi disclosures.
- Check the boxes below to agree to the terms and hit the ‘Submit’ button.
Check Application Status
- In order to check the application status of the Citi Secured MasterCard you need to open the credit cards page of the Citi Bank. www.citi.com/credit-cards
- Scroll down till the bottom of the website and there will be a ‘Credit Card Application Status’ section at the footer of the website.
- Click on the link and it will direct you to a webpage labelled ‘Check Your Application Status’.
- Enter your application ID and Zip Code and click on the button tagged ‘Check your Status’.
Citi Secured MasterCard Activation
- In order to activate the Citi Secured MasterCard you need to go to the credit cards page of Citi.
- At the bottom of the sign in section there will be a link that reads ‘Activate a Card’.
- Click on it and the Citi Credit Card activation page will open.
- Enter the card number and click ‘Continue’.
Citi Secured MasterCard Login
- In order to log into your Citi Secured MasterCard you need to open the login page. www.citi.com/credit-cards
- Once the login page opens you will see a login widget at the top left.
- Enter the user id and password in the white boxes and hit ‘Sign On’.
Forgot User ID/Password?
- For setting up a new user id or password you must open the login page of the Citi Secured MasterCard.
- Now you need to select whether you are a bank of credit card customer or a mortgage customer.
- Enter the ATM/Debit or Credit Card number and click ‘Continue’.
How to Register
- If you are willing to register for a new account you need to open the login page. Click on the ‘Register Now’ link to go further.
- Enter the card information and ‘Continue-Set up’ button.
How to Pay Credit Card Bills
- For paying Citi Secured MasterCard bills you need to log into your Citi Credit Card account.
- Once logged in there will be a ‘Payment’ tab on the account management console.
- To pay the bills you need to fill out the payment form. Provide credit card number and other details required for payment.
- Validate the payment and you will find a confirm screen.
Pay through Mail
To make the payment through mail you need to send the credit card payment check to the following address:
P.O. Box 9001037, Louisville, KY 40290-1037
Citi Secured MasterCard Accept Pre Approved Offer
If you are a customer of the Citi Bank it will send you pre-approved credit card offers based on your credit worthiness. Anyone who has received the Citi Bank Credit Card offer by mail needs to enter the invitation number and accept the offer from Citi.
- To accept the Citi Secured MasterCard offer open the credit cards homepage and click on the link that reads ‘Received a Citi Credit Card Offer by Mail?’
- The link will be located at the bottom of the credit cards page.
- Fetch in the credit card invitation number in the blank space, enter the required personal information and click ‘See Your Card Offer’.
Read Also.Apply For Indigo Platinum MasterCard
The Citi Secured MasterCard offerspretty decent services to the customers. You can apply for the credit card online or accept pre-approved offer if you have received one. While existing customers of the Citi Secured MasterCard can manage their credit card with ease from their comfort zone.